Spotlight On : Graywolf Press

>> Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Graywolf Press was founded by Scott Walker in 1974. It took six months to print the first book from Graywolf Press, a book of poetry. Since then they've gone on to publish memoirs, short stories and novels. 36 years as a small publisher is an impressive accomplishment.

A small sampling of the authors they work with are Tess Gallagher, William Kittredge, and Jane Kenyon.

With a broad range of genres and an impressive catalogue, Graywolf Press on the Spotlight Series is sure to be a lot of fun!

Please check out the Graywolf Press book list for your next read.

The Spotlight Series Tour for Graywolf Press will run July 18-31, 2010.

To be part of the tour for Graywolf Press first check out the Welcome and FAQ pages on the blog. Then sign up with our Sign Up page. Pick up your book choice as soon as possible. Have fun!


Sign ups are now closed. Thank you.

4 comments:

Kristen June 17, 2010 at 1:47 PM  

I hope someone picks the Joe Coomer books because they are really charming. I read (and reviewed one of them last year) and the other earlier this year. Not well enough known although I did convince one of my book clubs to read one of them. :-)

Cat June 20, 2010 at 1:04 AM  

Unfortunately I'll have to give this one a miss. No sign of anything Graywolf down in my part of the world.

Buried In Print June 23, 2010 at 7:38 AM  

This is one of my favourite indie presses: I'm looking forward to dabbling in their catalogue.

Amy July 6, 2010 at 11:55 PM  

I have several of their titles and I'm never disappointed. Even though the subjects are frequently different, it seems like they all share a love of place and time...it's like you can "feel" the stories as well as read them.

Not a paid spokesperson either! LOL

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP